ArmyProperty.com

ArmyProperty.com Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:30 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Use this forum to ask questions about GP topics such as equipment you're trying to find, or other things that you'd like to see added to the site. To do this, click on the "New Topic" button and make your request. (Please make sure your question isn't covered by one of the other forums.)

Post subject: Durability of Army Combat Shirts (ACS's)?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:42 am 

Hi all. Just wanted to throw something out there. We have received feedback about the ACS from a Soldier who is concerned with their wear-out rate. If anyone has any information (good or bad) that could further develop the discussion, we would appreciate it, and will go back to the manufacturer (Massif Mountain Gear) or PEO Soldier once we have a better understanding of the exact nature of the problem. Significantly, we have not received any concerns or complaints about the durability of the TCS. Please note that this is just one data point.

Report this post
 Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: Durability of Army Combat Shirts (ACS's)?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:38 am 

Wearing the IOTV with neck protection removed lets the corners of the nylon attachment points rub behind the shoulders, which will put holes in the thin material after as little as 4-5 days of wear (at least that's what my PLT saw last deployment and I've seen similar holes this deployment). I haven't seen a problem when worn with the neck protection in or when worn with plate carriers. Medical tape doesn't help much with the rub points; that's more of an issue with the IOTV.

I will say that several of the seams on my ACSs are coming loose, but this is due to poor manufacturing; the seam missed the edge of the material where it was folded back.

Report this post
 Profile Send private message