ArmyProperty.com

ArmyProperty.com Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:13 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Use this forum to ask questions about GP topics such as equipment you're trying to find, or other things that you'd like to see added to the site. To do this, click on the "New Topic" button and make your request. (Please make sure your question isn't covered by one of the other forums.)

Post subject: pcs to new supply room
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:04 pm 
I have been a 92Y in a signal unit for the last 4yrs. In that time, just like all the other MOS's they had, we really didnt do our jobs except for Inspections or Change of Commands. The reason I am here though is after 4yrs I am on orders to go to an Infantry Brigade and will have my own supply room! (With 4yrs of Cable Dawg experience and nil as a 92Y)
I am ready for the challenge BUT not "ready" as a Supply NCO.
Any steps, aid, advice, paths pretty much anything you can suggest on getting there, Inventory, the Change in Property Books, Implimentation of pbuse etc!
I thank you in advance for any aid rendered!

Report this post

Post subject: Re: pcs to new supply room
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:19 am 

yeah walk into the supply room, grab the hand receipts and see how old they are, go to pbo get a copy of the MTOE and set up your pbuse account, get your handreceipts and see who else in your unit has pbuse access. get on pbuse and check your commanders hand receipt in the sub handreceipts and make sure its empty. check the hand receipt holder list and make sure its up to date. print out all the hand receipts. inventory the supply hand receipt, and if there is something on there their that should be on someone elses hand receipt by mtoe then move it to their hand receipt. once all sub hand receipts are signed get them signed by the commander.
inventory the expendables in your supply room ie pens, toner, chem lights, batteries...etc and order whats needed on pbuse, print out the commanders exception report and have the CO sign it then transmit your requests to the warehouse through pbuse.... ok thats day 1. lol good luck.

Report this post
 Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:25 am 

go to meetings get tasked and try to keep up. look at the training schedule and see what training is coming up and try to project supply needs for them. order meals, check the warehouse for parts coming in. do PMCS on your vehicles. Talk to your S4 and get a idea of the battle rhythm of the unit. order supplies for your upcoming deployment. turn in broken crap and get it off the books with pbo/drmo. man did I miss anything?

Report this post
 Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:36 am 
If you can, get an LIW account as well, and if you are on this site, it would be wise to get one here too. Being new to a supply room is a painful task, but once you get things down it should be easy. Also dont forget about the SSA ( warehouse where are stuff comes in) and recons you have to pick up the 1st and 15th every month ( in FT Lewis at least). Also I dont know if it was mentioned in previous post, but redo EVERY signature card and take off the old supply sgt. or people you feel shouldent be on there. Remember this is your supply room and your XO should stand by you 100 percent. Also dont be afraid to ask from help from your fellow supply neighbors, when I was an E-1 I was put into an HHC unit with no supply sgt and always turned to their help.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:36 am.

Report this post