ArmyProperty.com

ArmyProperty.com Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:21 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Use this forum to request new features to be added to future releases, or to report problems / challenges that you're having with the existing feature package. To do this, click on the "New Topic" button and make your request.

Post subject: Creating Accounts
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:45 am 
I applied for an army property account and made an error on the form. my account was declined so when i try to punch in the correct information, it says email address already in use. does this mean that i cant ever have an account? ive sent three emails to the armyproperty team and still havent gotten a response. but thats cool, we'll protect America, you guys must have too much to do besides helping out by sending a response email.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Creating Accounts
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:44 am 

To "Engine": Our apologies for the delay in approving your account. To give you an idea of how the process works for us: We get over 60 new-account registrations in a typical duty day, some of which are marked "urgent" and some of which are not. We prioritize the requests that are marked "urgent" for 72-hour turnaround. However, all applications must be manually screened in order to protect against fraudulent registrations. Any time an application has a mistake on it (submitting your own AKO address in place of your supervisor's, etc) we've got to manually flag it, take it out of the approval queue, notify the Soldier, await a reply, and then make the adjustment at the next opportunity once we receive the correct information. Meanwhile, the 300+ other requests that came in during the week are given priority for verification and approval. That's why there is sometimes a delay in going back and fixing the requests that are in the "flagged" queue.

The reason for our policy of requiring applicants to submit supervisors' AKO addresses is to give a courtesy "heads up" to the chain of command regarding the use of our system. We do not want supervisors to be "surprised" by their Soldiers' usage of this system. An identical policy is in effect at LOGSA / LIW, as well as CompanyCommand.army.mil and other portals of a similar nature.

Most of the time our approval process works smoothly, but in some cases we are unable to live up to our goal of approving every account within 4-5 duty days (or 72 hours in the case of urgent ones), and we apologize for this fact. In your case, the registration was submitted on Sunday 31 May, and finally approved tonight, 1 week later.

I hope this explanation addresses your concerns, and I also hope that we haven't had an impact on your ongoing efforts at property accountability. Our 8-man development team has a combined total of over 106 months of overseas service, including four Iraqi Freedom deployments at the trigger-puller level (Fire Team Leader thru Company Commander), CIB / BSM / etc, so we can appreciate the challenges you're experiencing and the urgency with which you expect to have your issues addressed by the support community.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:44 am.

Report this post
 Profile Send private message