ArmyProperty.com

ArmyProperty.com Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:58 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

This forum contains unclassified technical information on various items of military equipment. Feel free to add, correct, or otherwise contribute to it.

Post subject: Ordering and Information
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:33 pm 
I was told a S4 nco that I couldnt order PT pants and the jacket. Doing so I would get audited...which I have never heard of such a thing in the army. However, as with anything I can be wrong. I looked up the NSN's on here and fedlog'd a pt jacket and pants and found they were non-expendable. In doing so they will go on my property book. Is there anything unethical/illegal about doing up a DA form 4949 to send up to PBO for changing it to non-accountable after they are issued?

Another issue with a DA Form 4949. The VRC-90F long range radio set has a component of the RT-1523(C)U receiver transmitter radio. However, this component is listed seperately on the property book. I tried to do a DA Form 4949 to "Assemble" this item to fall under the VRC-90F IAW AR 710-2. I was told I was correct, however there was a ALARACT message that came out that due to it being a sensitive item it is ok for it to be like this. I have yet to see this ALARACT message in writing, anyone have any info on this?

One last thing I have is my property book is full of expendable items. Now I was taught that only non-expendables go on the books. I was thinking why not just do up a DA form 4949 to change these items to non-accountable? The S4 also got into how the CIIC code is 7 and its classified item and such and that PBO just likes to track some things. Now correct me if I am wrong but I thought expendable meant it is expendable. I thought the defintion of an ARC code of X means it requires no formal property book accountability.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Ordering and Information
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:22 pm 
PT pants are ARC 2F and as such are covered under common table of allowances CTA you are not authorized these items they would be on a CIFs property book if they were authorized for issue, but they are not.

since the receiver is sensetive it must be inventoried monthly on the sensitive inventory, the radio set is not sensitive so combing them would be "hiding" the receiver in the set.

and answer number 3 is contained in answer 2. they are sensetive , so must be inventoried monthly

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:51 pm 
Site Admin

Just to add another data point to this discussion: On your commander's property book, all the RT-1523's (from all your various types of radio sets) will be listed in one place, under their own LIN and NSN. Then you'll see the radio sets themselves listed separately, with a unique LIN and NSN for each type (VRC-87/88/89/90/91/92 and PRC-119, etc). If you dig deeper, I believe you'll find that the RT's are not technically part of the COEI / BII of any radio sets -- even though you need the RT for the radio set to be functional.

From the point of view of conducting sensitive item inventories, the Army has decided that the RT's AND the VRC's / PRC's must be inventoried. However, the only part of a VRC/PRC that's "sensitive" is the RT, so in every unit I've ever been in or heard of, all you inventory is the RT.

And "roger all" on the PT uniform thing.

Thanks for writing in with the question, and thanks again for the assist SGTDGUN.

Report this post
 Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:06 am 
Does anyone have a good NSN for a VRC installation kit LHS model vehicle?

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:14 pm 
i would like o see this alract

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:14 pm.

Report this post