ArmyProperty.com

ArmyProperty.com Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:42 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

This message board is here so you can view the latest additions to our NSN library. In addition, you can request new NSN's that you don't currently see listed. To do this, click on the "New Topic" button and make your request. So if you're looking for the NSN for a certain model of 5-ton truck, or a certain kind of power supply, or antenna kit, etc, just put as much information as you know: LIN, Nomenclature, or anything else that would be helpful. If desired, add an email / AKO address if you want a direct reply (this is not required). Then we'll do some looking on our end and see what we can find out. But...... we can't guarantee that we'l be able to find every NSN that people request, because of the difficulty in conducting detailed research on each one. (Assistance from the community would be highly appreciated, in cases where we're stumped!)

Post subject: Unit Crest NSNs?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:07 am 
Site Admin

Full Name: Pius xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Email: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Duty Position: Supply
Unit: xxxxxxxxxxxx MP Co.
Duty Station: Germany
Phone: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Is Deployed: F

Comments:

I work in supply and Im trying to order our unit crests but i cant find the NSN for it so if you guys know it can you all send it to me on my AKO. [email protected]. I'm in xxxxxxxxx MP CO. in Germany, Mannheim.

Report this post
 Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: Unit Crests
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:25 am 

A great many people have written in to the site, asking about unit crests. Unfortunately we have not been able to find any. According to an old PBO NCOIC I knew at Fort Stewart, most unit crests he looked for, over the years, were never assigned NSN's. (He had to local-purchase them.) So it could be that they just don't exist, but we're not prepared to say that for sure.

Report this post
 Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: Unit Crests?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:35 am 
they don't have NSNs

here is the link to the institute of heraldry that states.

"Distinctive Unit insignia are not available through the supply system. Commanders must submit a local purchase request to their contracting officer to procure the DUI.

The purchase must be made from an authorized manufacturer in accordance with AR 670-1."

http://www.tioh.hqda.pentagon.mil/DUI_SSI_COA_page.htm

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Unit Crest NSNs?
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 6:04 pm 
Contact your PBO, LMS, or another Supply Sergeant in your Battalion. They are normally the ones that will pay for them and put them on order. Its a special order and they need to be made. Unless you are in a large and popular crest that is carried by a post.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Unit Crest NSNs?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:10 am 
http://www.supplyroom.com/

I think that place right there has NSN's for unit crest, the only thing is that you need to register, which I havent done.

When I graduated AIT, there was an NSN for the unit crest and quartermaster crest that I got in a little package with
The Supply Room name and NSN on it. but I have since lost that packing

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:10 am.

Report this post