NSN 1005-01-128-9936, LIN R95035.
The COEI / BII Listings and Component Hand Receipts on ArmyProperty.com are valid for the M16A2 rifle, which is a product improvement of the M16A1 rifle and entered service in 1983. The major changes are:
Video: TOP 10 Combat Rifles of All Time - M16 (No.2)
|Major End Items|
|1010-00-179-6447||M203, 40mm Grenade Launcher|
|5855-01-398-4315||PAQ-4 infrared laser designator|
|5855-01-447-8992||PEQ-2 infrared spotlight / laser designator|
|1240-01-492-5264||EOTech 1x Holographic-Diffraction Optical Reflex Sight|
|5855-01-432-0524||PVS-14, Monocular NVG (Can be mounted on M16 carrying handle using a rail adapter)|
|5860-01-471-2091||Laser Borelight System (LBS); used for field-zeroing mechanical and optical sights|
|RFI (Rapid Fielding Initiative) Accessories (Major End Items). Fielded routinely to units through Force Modernization program, or through RFI bulk-issue during prep for deployment.|
|1005-01-452-6771||M5 Rail Adapter System (allows installation of accessories, such as a PEQ-2 or Surefire Tac-Light on front handguard)|
|1240-01-534-1114 and others||ACOG (Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight) and other magnified and unmagnified optical sights, manufactured by Trijicon.|
|1240-01-411-1265||M68 CCO (Close Combat Optic) 1x "Red Dot" Optical Reflex Sight, manufactured by Aimpoint|
|RFI (Rapid Fielding Initiative) Accessories (Non Major End Items). Fielded routinely to units through Force Modernization program, or through RFI bulk-issue during prep for deployment.|
|1005-01-541-1772||Rifle Bipod; Also called Forward Grip Bipod|
|1005-01-541-1771||Tactical Sling; Also called 3-Point Sling; (Click Here for more sling NSN's)|
|(TBP; LIN ZA905D)||Enhanced sliding M4/M4A1 buttstock assembly; currently being mounted and used on M16-series rifle in large numbers because of the need to maneuver the weapon inside confined spaces (HMMWV interiors, for instance). However, Ground Precautionary Messages state that this is "not authorized and can result in injury or equipment damage."|
|Other Accessories, Non Major End Items|
|Various||SureFire Tactical Flashlight|
|4020-01-493-8337||Tactical Sling (not the RFI version), made by Blackhawk! and distributed through the Army supply system. Carries weapon across chest, muzzle oriented downward, "at the ready"; (Click Here for more sling NSN's)|
|1005-01-520-5992 / 1005-99-126-9781||Heckler & Koch (HK) High-Reliability Steel Magazine|
|1005-01-541-2477||Multiple magazine holder; New AAL Item, may be included in RFI in the future|
|1005-01-541-2476||Forward rail bracket (also called CQB kit mini-rail); New AAL Item, may be included in RFI in the future|
|1005-00-921-5004||Standard 30-round magazine|
|1005-00-118-6192||M15A2 Blank Firing Adapter / Attachment (red in color, for M16 rifle only; yellow BFA, M23, NSN 1005-01-361-8208, is for the M4 carbine only)|
|5340-00-880-7666||Cap, Protective, Dust. Keeps dust and dirt from entering the muzzle during normal operations, and can be left in place until the weapon is fired, but must be removed periodically to prevent rust build-up.|
|3rd Party Accessories -- COTS (Commercial, Off-the-Shelf)|
|ARMS, Inc.||ARMS #2 Rail adapters for M16A1/A2, which attach to the (non-removable) carrying handle and allow the attachment of optical aiming devices|
Related End Items ("Also See...")
|1005-01-231-0973||M4, Rifle, 5.56mm|
|1005-01-382-0953||M4A1, Rifle, 5.56mm (Rare, full-automatic version of M4)|
|1005-00-073-9421||M16A1, Rifle, 5.56mm (Largely phased out Army-wide)|
|1005-01-367-5112||M16A3, Rifle, 5.56mm (Very rare, full-automatic version of M16A2)|
|1005-01-383-2872||M16A4, Rifle, 5.56mm (Similar to M16A2, but with detachable carrying handle and modular rail system)|
|1005-00-903-0751||M134 Minigun ("Gatling Gun"), 7.62mm|
|1005-00-589-1271||M14, Rifle, 7.62mm|
|TBP||Rifle, 5.56mm, HK416|
|1005-01-469-2133||Rifle, .50 Caliber, Sniper: XM107 (Barrett Family)|
|1005-01-534-2841||XM110 Semi-Automatic Sniper System (SASS)|
|1005-01-240-2136||M24, Sniper Rifle, 7.62mm|
|1005-01-081-4582||M231, Submachine Gun, 5.56mm (Firing Port Weapon for Bradley)|
|1005-01-127-7510||M249, Machine Gun, 5.56mm, Belt and Magazine-Fed (Squad Automatic Weapon)|
|1005-01-118-2640||M9, Pistol, 9mm, Automatic, Beretta (Model 92F)|
|1005-00-017-9701||M7, Bayonet, Multi-Purpose (Older Model)|
|1005-01-227-1739||M9, Bayonet, Multi-Purpose (New Model, with saw blade and integral wire cutter)|
Problems with this page? Contact the ArmyProperty Team
Copyright © 2005-2013 ArmyProperty.com / Inventory
Management Solutions, LLC.
A Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned (SDVO) Business
101 North Main Street, Suite 130; Ann Arbor, MI 48104
2011 Crystal Drive, Suite 400; Arlington, VA 22202
DUNS Number: 829504880 / CAGE Code: 5BMR7
New in the Forums
- New NSN's ? Re: repair kit for OE-254 80 ft rf cable
- New NSN's ? Re: need NSN for two below
- New NSN's ? Re: repair kit for OE-254 80 ft rf cable
- New NSN's ? repair kit for OE-254 80 ft rf cable
- General Interest / Frequently Asked Questions ? Re: Old NSN - "Not On Catalog"
- New NSN's ? need NSN for two below
NSN's That Work
- NSN's for OCP items (IOTV's, uniforms, MOLLE) will apparently remain as-is, whil...
- Word to the wise... the "correct" 200-series lock to use in your armsroom. They...
- Do your IFAK's have combat eye shields? If not, you can order them with two dif...
- Gatorade NSN's are here...
- This just in -- as of MAR 2013, the JETT harness has been assigned an NSN and sh...
- FYI: NSN for MOLLE 2-Mag M-16 pouch in ACU / UCP Pattern
- FYI on cancelled / rejected requisitions and orders.
- Yup, there's an NSN for an Apple iPod Touch.... in case you don't get one for Ch...
- U.S. Army Improved First Aid Kit (IFAK), NSN 6545-01-584-1582, MultiCam (OCP)
- Gerber Cable Dawg Multi-Tool - ACU Pattern Sheath, NSN 5110-01-598-2253 (30-000361)
- Magazine, Cartridge, 5.56mm, 30-round, NSN 1005-00-921-5004, for M-16 / M-4 Series Rifle
- Magazine, Cartridge, 9mm, 15-round, for Beretta M9 (92-Series), NSN 1005-01-204-4376