Minigun, 7.62mm, M134 Series
LIN L92323, NSN 1005-00-903-0751
The Minigun is a 7.62 mm, multi-barrel machine gun with a high rate of fire (over 3,000 rounds per minute), employing Gatling-style rotating barrels with an external power source. In popular culture, the term "minigun" has come to refer to any externally-powered Gatling gun of rifle caliber, though the term is sometimes used to refer to guns of similar rates of fire and configuration, regardless of power source and caliber. Specifically, minigun refers to a single weapon, originally produced by General Electric. The "mini" of the name is in comparison to designs that use a similar firing mechanism but larger shells, such as General Electric's earlier 20 mm M61 Vulcan.
The ArmyProperty.com team is searching for BII and COEI lists for the M134 Minigun. None are known to exist right now. In the meantime, we are working on a list of parts which DO have NSNs; taken from the Dillon Aero website.
Comparison Test: M134 Minigun vs. M240 (Dillon Aero)
Related End Items ("Also See...")
|No NSN||Remote-Operated .50 Cal MG on Suburban SUV|
|1005-01-231-0973||M4, Rifle, 5.56mm|
|1005-01-128-9936||M16A2, Rifle, 5.56mm (Most widely-used M16 variant)|
|1005-01-383-2872||M16A4, Rifle, 5.56mm (Similar to M16A2, but with detachable carrying handle and modular rail system)|
|1005-00-589-1271||M14, Rifle, 7.62mm|
|TBP||Rifle, 5.56mm, HK416|
|1005-01-469-2133||Rifle, .50 Caliber, Sniper: XM107 (Barrett Family)|
|1005-01-534-2841||XM110 Semi-Automatic Sniper System (SASS)|
Problems with this page? Contact the ArmyProperty Team
Copyright © 2005-2013 ArmyProperty.com / Inventory
Management Solutions, LLC.
A Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned (SDVO) Business
101 North Main Street, Suite 130; Ann Arbor, MI 48104
2011 Crystal Drive, Suite 400; Arlington, VA 22202
DUNS Number: 829504880 / CAGE Code: 5BMR7
New in the Forums
NSN's That Work
- Do your IFAK's have combat eye shields? If not, you can order them with two dif...
- Gatorade NSN's are here...
- This just in -- as of MAR 2013, the JETT harness has been assigned an NSN and sh...
- FYI: NSN for MOLLE 2-Mag M-16 pouch in ACU / UCP Pattern
- FYI on cancelled / rejected requisitions and orders.
- Yup, there's an NSN for an Apple iPod Touch.... in case you don't get one for Ch...
- The 2013 NSN's are here....
- DLA has assigned NSN 1005-01-604-0627 to the Vickers Combat Applications Sling (...