Rifle, .50 caliber, Sniper: XM107 / M107
LIN R45351, NSN 1005-01-469-2133
The Component Hand Receipts on ArmyProperty.com are valid for the .50 Caliber Sniper Rifle family made by Barrett.
From Wikipedia: The M107 Long Range Sniper Rifle is a semi-automatic .50 caliber sniper rifle adopted by the US Army in the early 2000s, manufactured by Barrett Firearms Company. It is also sold as the Barrett M107 commercially. It is a new designation of the M82 Special Applications Scoped Rifle (which has also been commercially available from Barrett as the M82 series) in the US military. The M107 is used for traditional sniper tasks, but is especially useful for long-range, counter-sniper, and anti-materiel roles which make use of its tremendous kinetic-energy and range advantages over more traditional smaller bore sniper rifles.
There are no significant differences between the Barrett M82A1M/M82A3 and the M107. However, production M107s appear to have the addition of a rear monopod and there are rumors of internal improvements as well, but information has not been widely available.
The M107 was voted one of 2005's Top 10 Military Inventions by the U.S. Army.
|M82||12.7x99mm Barrett M82 semi-automatic rifle.|
|M82A1||12.7x99mm Barrett M82A1 semi-automatic rifle. Improved variant including redesigned muzzle brake.|
|M82A1A||12.7x99mm Barrett M82A1 semi-automatic rifle variant. Optimized for use with the Mk 211 Mod 0 .50 caliber round.|
|M82A1M||12.7x99mm Barrett M82A1 semi-automatic rifle variant. Improved variant including lengthened accessory rail. Includes rear grip and monopod socket.|
|M82A2||12.7x99mm Barrett M82A2 semi-automatic bullpup rifle.|
|M82A3||12.7x99mm Barrett M82A3 semi-automatic rifle. New production rifles built to M82A1M specficiations, featuring lengthened accessory rail which is usually, but not always, raised higher up than the M82A1M/M107. Unlike the M82A1M/M107, it does not include rear grip and monopod socket.|
|XM107 / M107||Initially used to designate 12.7x99mm Barrett M95 bolt-action rifle. Designation changed to apply to an product improved M82A1M variant. Includes rear grip and monopod socket.|
Related End-Items ("...Also See...")
|1005-01-231-0973||M4, Rifle, 5.56mm|
|1005-01-128-9936||M16A2, Rifle, 5.56mm (Most widely-used M16 variant)|
|1005-01-383-2872||M16A4, Rifle, 5.56mm (Similar to M16A2, but with detachable carrying handle and modular rail system)|
|1005-00-903-0751||M134 Minigun ("Gatling Gun"), 7.62mm|
|1005-00-589-1271||M14-Series, Rifle, 7.62mm|
|TBP||Rifle, 5.56mm, HK416|
|1005-01-534-2841||XM110 Semi-Automatic Sniper System (SASS)|
Problems with this page? Contact the ArmyProperty Team
Copyright © 2005-2013 ArmyProperty.com / Inventory
Management Solutions, LLC.
A Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned (SDVO) Business
101 North Main Street, Suite 130; Ann Arbor, MI 48104
2011 Crystal Drive, Suite 400; Arlington, VA 22202
DUNS Number: 829504880 / CAGE Code: 5BMR7
New in the Forums
NSN's That Work
- NSN's for OCP items (IOTV's, uniforms, MOLLE) will apparently remain as-is, whil...
- Word to the wise... the "correct" 200-series lock to use in your armsroom. They...
- Do your IFAK's have combat eye shields? If not, you can order them with two dif...
- Gatorade NSN's are here...
- This just in -- as of MAR 2013, the JETT harness has been assigned an NSN and sh...
- FYI: NSN for MOLLE 2-Mag M-16 pouch in ACU / UCP Pattern
- FYI on cancelled / rejected requisitions and orders.
- Yup, there's an NSN for an Apple iPod Touch.... in case you don't get one for Ch...
- U.S. Army Improved First Aid Kit (IFAK), NSN 6545-01-584-1582, MultiCam (OCP)
- Gerber Cable Dawg Multi-Tool - ACU Pattern Sheath, NSN 5110-01-598-2253 (30-000361)
- Magazine, Cartridge, 5.56mm, 30-round, NSN 1005-00-921-5004, for M-16 / M-4 Series Rifle
- Magazine, Cartridge, 9mm, 15-round, for Beretta M9 (92-Series), NSN 1005-01-204-4376